After 1453: Greek Manuscripts in the Ottoman Empire and Beyond
Don Skemer, Curator of Manuscripts in Princeton University Library's Manuscripts Division, writes about new acquisitions joining the more than 130 post-Byzantine Greek manuscripts in the University's collection.
Recent additions to the open series Princeton Greek Manuscripts include a Iatrosophion (Ἰατροσόφιον), meaning “medical wisdom” (C0879, no. 131). This compendium was used as a daily reference practitioners of folk medical arts on Crete. Conserved at Princeton, it joins a number of other medical and magical items in the collection.
Please visit the RBSC Manuscripts Division News for more information.
The Library has acquired these manuscripts in part by gift and in part by purchase, with matching funds from the Seeger Center for Hellenic Studies, with the support of the Stanley J. Seeger Hellenic Fund.